Solve all your doubts about the use of contact lenses in either kids and teenagers, as well as all questions related to ESENCIA® contact lenses
Use of contact lenses in children and adolescents
What is myopia?
What determines the total myopia that your children will have as an adult is the growth rate of the myopia (Diopters that grows each year) and the number of years during which the myopia grows.
What consecuences does myopia in your children’s visual health?
What is called high graduation myopia?
It is important to perform myopia control with Esencia® to stop the increase in myopia in development ages.
What benefits will slowing down or controlling myopia have in my children?
What does “balancing out or correcting myopia” actually mean?
Making up for myopia means using a compensation method such as contact lenses or glasses so as to make sure your children can see well at all distances. The Esencia® lens has a central area designed to compensate for the wearer’s myopia, thus guaranteeing clear vision in their daily life. +INFO + INFO
What does “Control, stop or slow myopia” mean?
Controlling myopia means using various methods so that the speed of myopia growth stops or slows down, that is, myopia grows more slowly than it would if your daughter or son wore normal glasses or contact lenses. The peripheral ring area of the Essence lens fulfills the function of controlling myopia thanks to the blurriness it produces in the peripheral retina.
What is astigmatism?
Astigmatism is a vision defect, which manifests itself when the patient perceives distorted objects at all distances.
It is produced by a difference in graduation between the different meridians of the eye. The Esencia® lens has a central area designed to compensate for the wearer’s myopia and astigmatism, thus guaranteeing clear vision in their daily life. + INFO
Can I equally see with glasses and lens?
Girls and boys with high myopia graduations are likely to see better with contact lenses.
The toric Esencia® design also allows users with astigmatism to see well with contact lenses at all distances while controlling the progression of myopia.
Which advantages does the use of lens in both children and teenagers actually has?
- Vision quality. . Contact lenses provide wider peripheral vision than glasses and make it easier for children to see the things around them. If your daughter or son has a high myopia rating, she is likely to see better with contact lenses than with glasses.
- Liberty. Contact lenses are ideal for sports, they allow you to focus on the game and not be aware of whether I will break my glasses. Definitely contact lenses and sports are a great combination.
- Esteem. Numerous studies seem to indicate that children who wear contact lenses have better self-esteem and confidence.
- Responsibility. Children must agree to take care of the lenses and follow all hygiene measures. This is very beneficial for their personal development so that they can feel that they have our confidence.
- Control of myopia. ESENCIA® contact lenses have demonstrated their ability to slow the progression of myopia, protecting the visual health of children in the future.
What is the minimum age to use lens?
It is important to perform myopia control with Esencia® at an early age in order to act in this way on the increase in myopia and not to reach too high values.
The most common is that at six (6) years the child begins to manipulate the lenses, provided that she has the ability and maturity to do so. It is at this age when children, once they are taught, take responsibility for their lenses, since, until then, it is usually the parents who help them. Even so, it is important to remember that, especially in the beginning, it should always be done under the supervision of adults so as to assure the situation is safe.
Are children's contact lenses safe?
Esencia® is a personalized lens for each user according to their ocular parameters, thus guaranteeing greater comfort and safety during wear.
Of course, hygiene and maintenance routines must be followed to ensure safety in use.
Washing and drying your hands before putting them on or taking them off, storing them correctly in contact lens liquid (in the case of reusable lenses) or throwing them away (in the case of daily use lenses)… these are steps that children are capable of to learn and internalize much faster than we imagine. Once they get used to it, the use of contact lenses will not pose any problem for their eye health.
Is it easy to break a pair fo lens?
What should I do if my lens fall down to the floor?
If you have questions about the state of your lenses, you should consult your optician optometrist.
How to correctly use lens for the firs time?
- Your optician-optometrist will teach you how to put them on and take them off and will supervise your fitting. Follow the instructions of the optician-optometrist in all phases of the adaptation.
- At first the girl or boy may be a little nervous when putting on their contact lenses, however, they will soon get used to it and incorporate it into her routines, be patient and give them confidence and security. Reassure them that they are capable of doing it. Children learn much faster than adults!
- Putting on and taking off your lenses requires some practice at first, and it is normal that it does not come out the first time, but soon, you will get the hang of it!
- Respect what your optician-optometrist tells you regarding the number of hours of use of the lenses per day. It is very important that you follow the instructions of your optician-optometrist for the safe use of contact lenses.
- Follow the instructions of your optician-optometrist regarding the maintenance of the lenses. It is very important that you follow the instructions of your optician-optometrist for the safe use of contact lenses.
And of course, children are children: the mother and / or father must supervise the process and accompany the girl or boy so that they are calm !!!!
Solve all your questions about ESENCIA lenses
What is ESENCIA®?
- ESENCIA® is a soft contact lens, to be used by girls, boys and adolescents.
- ESENCIA® is a lens for daily use, that is, your daughter or son should put the lens on in the morning and take it off at night.
- ESENCIA® is a customized lens, that is, each lens is manufactured according to the specific anatomical characteristics of your daughter or son’s eyes.
- ESENCIA® is indicated for the correction and control of myopia progression in children and adolescents.
- ESENCIA® is a contact lens to be fitted by your optometrist. You must follow the instructions of your optometrist and make the follow-up visits that he indicates.
How does ESENCIA® work?
1- Compensate for myopia and / or astigmatism: Change the direction of the light so that it focuses properly on the central area of the retina so as to assure your children a good sight.
2- Control the progression of myopia: It focuses the peripheral light rays on the peripheral retina or in front of it, and in this way eliminates the stimuli that favor the growth rate of myopia.
In short, ESENCIA® works like any other contact lens, except that its design allows not only to correct myopia, but also to slow down the growth rate of myopia.
Is ESENCIA® eficcient?
Which sanitary guarantees does ESENCIA® offer?
Where can I acquire or buy ESENCIA®?
ESENCIA® is a soft contact len. In Europe, the profesional sanitary in charge of the adaptation of any contact lenses is the optical-ortometrist.
Pinpoint the your closest sepecialised optical centre or ask your personal optical-ortometrist for Esencia attaching him the following document.
How do I correctly use ESENCIA®?
How many hours can ESENCIA® be used?
Can use ESENCIA® to sleep at night?
When I take them of, where do I leave them until the next morning?
The maintenance of ESENCIA® between each use is very important, you must follow the instructions provided by your Optometrist.
Your optometrist within the framework of the adaptation of the ESENCIA® lens will teach you to remove and insert the lenses, as well as to carry out the proper maintenance of ESENCIA®.
Can I clean ESENCIA® with normal water?
Can I swim either in a pool or in the sea with my lenses?
How much does ESENCIA® cost?